Taco Mac And Cheese
Two favorites come together to form one supremely delicious dish. Make extra, because everyone will want seconds!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 box elbow macaroni pasta, boiled and drained
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Sour cream, salsa and green onions, for topping
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cook ground beef with taco seasoning, following instructions on packet. Set aside.
3) In large sauce pan or Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter then whisk in flour until smooth, about 3 minutes. Gradually mix in milk and stir until sauce is bubbling.
4) Take 2 cups of the cheese, reserving 1/2 cup for later. Gradually stir in the 2 cups, continue stirring until mixture begins to bubble.
5) Add macaroni to sauce and stir until combined. Transfer mac and cheese to baking dish and spread in an even layer. Top with a layer of meat, then top with remaining cheese.
6) Bake on 400 for 15 minutes, or until top layer is bubbling and golden brown.
7) Serve with salsa, sour cream and green onions.